Principal’s Annual Report 2017
Varun Shaji Neelakantan of Abu Dhabi Indian School became the Second overall Topper in the Middle East with 98.2%. He also scored 100% in Chemistry. POOJA RAJESH KODIPARAMBATHU is awarded the second topper in the Middle East in the Commerce Stream.
Besides Citation, Trophies and Medals, Manipal University, Dubai offered Scholarships to all the Winners.
- In the Science stream (GIRLS SECTION), the FIRST position is bagged by SHRIVIDYA SUBRAMANIAN HARIHARAN WITH 6% and the SECOND position by HARSHA SALIM VALIYA PRAMBIL & SRUTHI SUSAN KURIAKOSE with 96.4% and the THIRD position by SAVITA VINAYAGA MOORTHI WITH 96.2%.
- In the Science stream (BOYS SECTION), the FIRST position is bagged by VARUN SHAJI NEELAKANTAN with 98.2% and the SECOND position by DIPRO TAPAS RAY with 97.4% and the THIRD position by SRI SAI VIJAYA ADITYA NITTALA WITH 96.4%.
- In the Commerce Stream (GIRLS SECTION), the FIRST position is bagged by POOJA RAJESH KONDI PARAMBATHU WITH 97.4% and the SECOND POSITION by MEENAKSHI JAIKRISHNA RAMESA with 95.4% & the THIRD position by NEHA MARIAM VARGHESE WITH 95.4%.
- In the Commerce Stream (BOYS SECTION), the FIRST position is bagged by ABISHEK DHARSHAN VALASUBRAMANIAN with 93.4% and the SECOND POSITION by BILAL VAHAB ABDUL RAHMAN WITH 89.8% & the THIRD position by SIDHARTH HAREESH KUMAR with 88.8%.
162 students out of 182 have secured above 75% in the Science Stream and 38 out of 115 students have secured above 75% in the Commerce Stream.
The winners are: Navami Krishna IX A
Aniketh Manoj Kumar VII C
We have one student who has been conferred with the Hamdan Award
for the year 2016 – 2017.
The winners is: Natasha Manoj Kumar
This would not have been achieved without the continuous guidance and support rendered by the Ministry of Education, Abu Education Council, School Management, Staff and Parents. Thank you very much.
Soumya Srinivas of VIII C and Mohammad Yasser of XI C bagged the 1st position and won the National Championship of Asianet Think and Learn Challenge held at Elite Film Studio, IMPZ Dubai. They received prize amount of USD 1000/- each.
- ADIS won the second position in the Idea Factory competition held at Abu Dhabi University. The students were awarded certificates of appreciation and Dhs. 800 worth of Voucher from Sharaf DG was presented.
- ADIS conducted a PISA based test for students of the 11th grade to know the performance of the students as compared to the international standard. A total of 84 students participated.
- ADIS participated in QuizBITE competition conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology in Ras al Khaimah. The girls team reached the semi finals and the boys team secured the first position.
Team members were:
Afreem Najeeb- 9H,
Chaithanya Kalluvalappil – 8C
Alaika Riya Mathews – 7C
Aarsha Suresh Babu – 7C
Ashna Shukku – 6 E
Our school girls won the best dance group trophy.
Abhijit Anil Kumar was the best male singer.
Our children brought many laurels to the school by participating and winning in various competitions such as Abu Dhabi Leadership Speech competition, Inter-Shool Quiz Competitions conducted by various schools.
UAE Flag Day was celebrated and Martyr’s Day was observed as per ADEK directives.
- Our teachers have attended various workshops/seminars organized by ADEK, CBSE, HAAD and other government agencies across UAE and the same information was disseminated to all the teachers and students concerned across the school.
- CPD workshop on the modifications to be made in the Lesson Plan was conducted by Principal & Vice Principal for three days for various sections in August 2017 as part of a regular practice. A short e- library was initiated to promote best teaching practices across the school.
Workshops for teachers on Communication skills and how to deal effectively with Special Needs Children.
- I attended 29th Gulf Principals conference at Dubai from 11 january 2017 to 14th January 2017.
- ADEK conducted a workshop in the school premises on 29th September 2016. This workshop was basically for the pilot licensing of the teachers. A total of 40 teachers attended the workshop in TELIS. All these teachers have received a course completion certificate along with a memento from ADEK.
- TALIS is an international teacher survey led by Ms. May Hamdi, Arabic Supervisor. ADEK appreciated the participation of 96% of the staff in this project.
A University Fair was organized by the School in which a record number of Universities participated and the students derived the benefit.
Career Guidance Seminars were organized for parents and students of grades 9 and 10 to help them learn about various higher education options, Entrance exams and admission process in different countries. Approximately 1800 parents and students benefitted from these seminars. Students from grade 10 participated in aptitude, personality, interest and intelligence testing to help them select the study stream best suited to them. Our school was selected by ADEC to participate in the pilot International Assessment Survey for TIMSS and PISA.
The school also has Middle East toppers in International Bench Marking Test (IBT) and Shastra Pratibha (Science Aptitude Test).
The graduating class of 2016 made us very proud when students from our school were selected by universities like Boston, University of Michigan, Cornell University, University of Berkeley, to name a few.
We also conduct workshops for students on Cyber bullying, study skills, motivational talks, leadership training, peer career educators.
Our Chairman Dr. B.R. Shetty had accompanied Group CEO of Dubai Islamic Bank, Mr. Adnan Chilwan for a special session with our students.
A motivational talk was delivered by well know speaker Mr. Rahul Kapoor from India.
The remaining phase of LED’s & Smart Board’s across the school has been completed. Now all the class rooms are equipped with the LED’s & Smart Boards with internet to facilitate the incorporation of ICT in the lessons.
Different Club were initiated across the school such as Goodwill Ambassdor Club, Arabic Club, Transition Club, Q-matter, Canvas, to name a few to showcase the talents of all the children.