The verbatim believes communication skills are essential for empowering youth to become engaged citizens, skilled professionals, and honorable leaders in our global society. We connect, support, and inspire a diverse community of honor society members committed to fostering excellence in young people through competitive speech and debate activities.
We envision a world in which every student has access to competitive speech and debate activities. We are the leading voice in the development of resources, competitive and ethical standards, curricular and co-curricular opportunities, and recognition systems for our vast network of student, coach, and alumni members.
- To provide a significant training ground for the development of students’ communicative abilities.•
- To provide opportunities for students to practice and share their skills development.
- To create learning situations in which students develop proficiencies based on sound educational and communication theories.
- To provide judges who will make judgments based on educational objectives and offer a critique which help students achieve them.
- To understand and communicate various forms of arguments effectively in a variety of contexts.
- To conduct researches using multiple sources to support a position in a debate.
- To generate effective critical thinking into primary issues in a given topic.
- To meet and interact with students from other schools in the context of a social and intellectual activity.
- To realize the simultaneous opportunities for leadership and group participation.
- To participate effectively in situations where decisions must be made